Friday, January 29, 2010

Empty Prince

When I first wrote this, I didn't plan on ANYONE ever reading it. It's one that I will not explain, if you think you know... You don't! Trust me.
But anyway, here is my "Empty Prince"

Empty Prince

By Mesa Bailey

January 16, 2010

Every time I start falling,

You shove me back again.

Just when my heart starts longing,

You show me how I’m wrong.

Holding out hope,

For something that will never be.

A distant memory fading,

You and me!
Knew it was ridiculous,

When I fell for you,

My nightmare turns to reality.

Here without you now.

Always there,

Like a knight in your shining armor.

Heart breaks as you fade away,

Riding into my sunset!

The life you pieced together,

Now shattering on the ground

Cause now when I fall,

You won’t catch my heart.

Shouldn’t hold out hope,

But I can’t let you go.

The Prince of my love,

Breaker of my heart

Oh how ridiculous it seemed,

My once perfect dream!

Burning like fire,

My heart beat for you.

Now smothered in bitter truth,

I never was the princess for you!
Just when I start falling for you,

You shove me back again.

Like a knight with your armor,

You fought back my tears.

Saved me from myself

Now like a fairytale,

We end with a tear.

If only this ending were happy.

Rode in like a prince,

Now breaking my heart!

Knew this was ridiculous,

Doomed from the start!

Cause now every time I fall for you,

You shove me back again.

Forcing me into this empty reality,

Held out hope,

For far to long.

Now my prince is clearly gone.

Riding into the sunset,

My knight in his armor,

The breaker of my heart

And the prince of my love..

No longer falling for you,

Shoving myself back to reality

To face my nightmare,

Knowing I’m alone.
This lonely drifter,

Dreaming to be your princess!
So ridiculous,

To hold out hope for what will never be.

The bitter truth,

Of you and me..

Cause when I fell for you,

You shoved me back again.

Showing me the many ways this was wrong!

Like a dream,

You’ll fade away.

And I’ll face my empty prince..

No comments:

Post a Comment