Wednesday, November 18, 2009

To The Wind

I've been having days were I just sit and write all day..
This is one of the many poems I've written lately.

To the Wind

By Mesa Bailey

November 16, 2009

Holding your hand,

I’m ready to face the world.

Looking forward to tomorrow,

Doesn’t matter what’s behind us now.

A whisper in your ear,

Sweetly carries through the wind.

The peaceful beat of your heart,

Now pounds in my head

Counting the stars,

Close enough to touch now they seem.

Hold me tight,

And make it all fade away!

The world moving so slowly,

Pulling us through

Birds singing their songs,

So high in the trees..

With you by my side,

It becomes so clear.

Because as your holding my hand,

Sweet peace fills my soul.

Quieting the screaming,

Drying the tears

I’m ready for it now.

I’m looking on to tomorrow,

It’s all so distant to us.

Lost in the moment,

As I’m looking into your eyes

A whisper in your ear,

I’ll tell you everything.

When you listen to the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment