Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Find Me

This is another that I'm not going to explain. Sometimes you can't control what comes out, example; I wanted to write a poem for my boyfriend since today is our five month anniversary (not sure if I spelled that right) you know I wanted to write something sweet and romantic.........

Find Me

By Mesa Bailey

November 18, 2009

Lost in a web of contention,

Confused and alone

Oh come and find me!
All the empty words coming back,

Stabbing like a knife.

Won’t you come and save me?

Lonely drifter

Changing with the seasons,

Yet steady in my ways.

The space between so rapidly fills,

Awkward silence

Can’t separate myself,

Come find me!

I’m waiting for the sun rise,

After this endless winter,

The flames flicker and fade.

Stuck in this web of confession
Becoming that which we despise.

Oh how empty

The world slows it seems.

Hindering the peace within

Why don’t you come?

Save this lonely drifter.

Cry out for truth,

Won’t you come and find me?!

1 comment: