Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Sun Shines


I mentioned before, at least I believe I did, a poem unlike any other I had written. But in the case that I didn't mention it I'll explain it somewhat.
One of my sleepless nights I was very upset and depressed thinking about some things that perhaps I shouldn't have, I was trying to cheer up so that I might hopefully sleep so I turned on my facebook and read through some messages from a very dear friend. I can never be less than happy when I talk with him, he's my best friend and is the most helpful and sweetest person I've met so far. He and I don't talk everyday but we do talk a lot and I have most of our conversations saved because he's teaching me about his culture so I save them so that I can go back and refresh my memory I also keep them because there are many times where I need some cheering up and he's the best at doing that. Well after reading our conversations I pulled out my notebook and wrote this poem inspired by him. So this is my "The Sun Shines"


The Sun Shine

By Mesa Bailey

June 25th 2011

Sun shining down on the dew soaked grass.

The smell of sweet ceder and pine fills the air,

It's the fresh start of a new day.

The birds sing,

And the flowers all a bloom.

Take a chance to listen to our Mother Earths song

As the warm summer breeze blows through the branches of the trees,

Such a gift we forget to see.

Sad darkness of yesterday now cast away,

Chased those shadows back, into the distant hills of our memory

By the golden beams from up above

And watch Butterfly kiss the ground with her gentle wing.

It's the start of a brand new beautiful today.

So let the sun come out from it's rest,

Warming your soul with it's radiant light.

Release your burdens in the breeze,

And watch the wind carry your troubles away.

No longer will you linger in the yesterdays

But lose yourself in the start of each new day!

Feel the tender love of Mother Earth's embrace,

Close your eyes, open your heart and make ready,

For the sun shines down on the dew soaked grass

Don't be afraid,

Take that step into a new today.

.....

2 comments:

  1. Great poem, great mental pictures! What a feel-good thing to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's quite the switch from my normal type of writing. But I'm rather pleased with how it turned out and I dare say it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete