Sunday, August 30, 2009

My date with his parents

Okay, before I tell you all the romantic details let me start where it all started.
On the 15th was a tri-stake dance and my boyfriend "Indy" had just gotten back from his trip to his mom's in Maine. So I was very excited about finally seeing him! I spent almost two weeks picking out what to wear ( I'm not normally like that) I figured out what I was going to wear about two hours before the dance.... Skipping forward...... There was a bet going on with most of the youth from our stake and some of the leaders, that he and I would sneak out and spend the whole dance making out. Well, to be honest we didn't even think about it until we heard about the bet. Once there we both moved all around the room making sure everyone saw that we never left the room. On the last song which was "Never Say Never" I was standing next to this guy I use to have a crush on and "Indy" just took my hand and took me to dance, we were under the lights and neither of us were saying a word, just looking into eachothers eyes and I got totally lost in the moment. Until he took off the chain necklace of his (Which is from his home town in Germony and is very very important to him) he moved my hair and put it on me and I gave him something that means just as much to me. He walked me to the car and we said goodnight.

Since then I've missed him like crazy and when he has ROTC and we don't get to talk, it drives me insane. We finally had a date planned and his parents told him either we find two mormon couples we BOTH know or they come with us.. We looked and looked and looked. Never found one couple that we both knew. So his dad and step mom said they'd be coming with us. Which is fine, not like we had any plans to do anything bad anyway. Friday (the day before the date) I got to thinking, these are his papents... The parents of someone who matters the world to me.. What if they don't like me? Or what if I'm not what/who they think? Oh my gosh I got so nervous that he said "Their just people" well that's fine but I don'w well with people. So I'm even more nervous. I had some what spoken with his father on the phone, and knew that he's a very teasing and playful person. No problem with that right but he's still my boyfriends father. I got so nervous I threw up....... I have NEVER in my life been that nervous.
Saturday came around and "Indy's" phone wasn't working so we hardly got to talk. I got ready and tried not to throw up again. We dicided to meet at the Herb Shop where my mom works. I sat there nervously waiting until he got there and I went out to meet his family.
We got in the car and headed to Long Horn. I hardly talk when I'm nervous so the ride was kinda quite. After his dad teased me about getting a salad, and we began to talk "Indy" reaches over and grabbs my hand. We held hands for most of the dance so I was kinda hopping he'd hold my hand on the date too. We ate our supper and drove over to the movies, we stood in line for a while when I got kinda cold and he put his arms around me (yes it was all sweet and everything) we decided to sit with his parents, which was fine. Again we had no plans to do anything so nothing to hide. As the movie started I slid over and rested my hear on his sholder and he put his arm around and I grabbed his hand. Every now and then we'd just sit there an look at eachother till I started to blush and looked away. Now we sat like that the whole movie! I totally loved it!

When the lights came on his step mom got up and shortly we did too, then all four of us walked out into the parking lot and waited for my dad and Manti to pick me up. "Indy" and I stood there and talked until I heard our dodge coming. How they knew where we were I'll nebver know cuz they pulled up right infront of us. They walked me over to the car and "Indy" gave my dad something and we hugged and said goodnight.

We were texting before either of us got out of the parking lot :-)

So even though I started off so nervous I was sick, the night went very well and I had one of the best nights of my life! I didn't say anything stupid, he's parents didn't hate me. I'd say that's a good night. I can't wait until I get to be with him again!

Sadly though we didn't get any pictures of us together. But will soon I hope :-)

1 comment: