Thursday, September 3, 2009

Why is it that when I pour out my very heart and soul into a poem, it comes out all wrong?


Always And Forever

By Mesa Bailey

September 2, 2009

Standing there under the night sky,

That loving shine in your eye

My head resting sweetly on your shoulder,

You pull me in closer.

Your hand held tightly in mine,

The world it seems, so far behind.

Gliding across the dance floor,

You hold me tight and I fall more!

Looking deep into your eyes,

My feelings for you, is no surprise.

Your sweet voice I hear, the only sound,

Because it seems no one else is around.

Together just you and I,

Dancing under the night sky

Never want this night to end,

Our hearts it’s seems finally ready to mend.

Just to be with you,

There’s nothing I wouldn’t do.

As I lay awake in my bed,

Our night it plays sweetly in my head.

Without a word we said it all,

From this love we’ll never fall!
Now I’m sitting here lost in a dream,

To be with you, heaven it would seem.

Three simple words can be so true,

But only when I say them to you!

There’s a force I can’t hide,

It’s pulling me closer to your side.

And for some reason, I don’t know why

You say I’m the apple of your eye.

You hold me tight,

And whisper everything’s alright.

Can’t stand us to part,

You’ll always have my heart!

Always

And Forever

1 comment: