Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reality

Okay, somethings just don't have to be explained... How ever I'm afraid this one does, you see I'm at a point right in my life where I've got a lot to think about and deal with. To be perfectly clear and honest, this is not pointed at anyone.. I'm not real sure where it came from, but it here it is. Take what you will from it.

Reality

By Mesa Bailey

December3, 2009

Every time I reach for the sky,

Gravity pulls me back into reality.

Weight of the world crushing down,

Just praying peace to swiftly come,

All on my own,

I’m lost without you now.

The sun so out of reach,

Though despair at my feet.

Can’t always see through the dark,

But the hope of light pushing on

Because when I’m reaching for the stars,

Reality pulls me back away.

Tainted by the twisted fates,

Holding out for something true

The air so thick between us,

Rapidly filling with all we don’t say.

Weight of the world on my mind,

Praying peace to find

Just let me reach for the sky,

Defy the cruelty of this dark reality.

Comfort my soul,

Because I’m lost without you now,

Standing on my own!

Reaching for the light,

Peace so soon to find.

Every time I reach for the sky,

Gravity pulls me back to face

My reality….

No comments:

Post a Comment