Monday, December 21, 2009

Like Glass


You know most of the time I say I'm not going to explain my writing? Well this time I'm going to, other wise this one could seem to way different from what it really is.
Have you ever had one of those times when things add up and become to much? That's kinda how my last few weeks have been, so I sat down and tried to get some of my trapped emotions out in a none violent, peaceful way and writing is almost the only way for me to do that.
"Like Glass" is how I felt at that time, you know seemingly strong but oh so easy to break and in some ways broken. So this is what came out...

Like Glass
By Mesa Bailey
December 18, 2009

Started off so perfectly,
The simple way you loved me.
Watching as we fall apart now,
Hearts shatter like glass.
Can’t hide the tears anymore,
Because their falling like rain!
Washing over us now
It’s coming down to the truth,
The one thing you never said.
Never meant for this,
Didn’t mean for the pain!
I keep holding on,
For what I don’t know
Cause you keep letting me go.
Falling so far,
Waiting to wake from this nightmare
Reach out to me,
Pull me close and never let go!
All your lies linger now,
They fill my head with fear.
Just tell me the truth,
For once let me in
To see the side of you that’s real.
We started off so perfectly,
All the peace you gave me
Falling apart!
Broken by the words unspoken
Oh for that simple way you loved me,
So distant now it’s seems.
You stand there watching me,
As my heart shatters like glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment