Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Blessings








Well, since my last blog a lot has happened...








John and I go to family home evening together sometimes so a couple weeks ago he sent me a message and said he was coming, he asked if I wanted him to pick me up so I said sure and he came and got me. We went and watched a conference blip had some hot cider and then we headed home. He was tense about something but I couldn't figure it out so I just sat back and watched him.




So we're driving down this one narrow road and it was dark and slightly foggy, we're just talking and enjoying spending time together when this big buck jumped out and jumped into the side of the car, it shattered his mirror and had his window not been down it would've broken that too. Glass hit us both in the face and totally freaked me out. My nerves were fried, he was driving so I kept watching him to see if he was cut. So he said we'd make a stop and I thought we'd get out check the car and I'd check him out to make sure he wasn't bleeding.. We pulled over by the lake, where we've spent a few of our days.




He wasn't hurt and I only had a few scratchs so since our nerves were wound up so tightly we decided to walk around the lake like we normally do. He kept looking up at the sky and I asked him "Hun, whatcha looking at?" he paused for a minute then said he was looking at the starts so I stopped and looked up, the stars were bright and beautiful not a cloud in sight and the reflection off the water was breath taking.




While I'm getting lost in thougt and stars I felt John pull on my hand a little, I turned to see what he needed and he was down on his knee.. My heart pretty much stopped for a second and I ask him "John honey what are you doing?" tears filled my eyes as I looked down at him and caught to look of his eyes, he was chocked up and said after a few seconds "Mesa marry me" I was in tears. I was over joyed. I was so happy I couldn't speak, I just kissed him and cried.




He stood up and held me tight then began dancing in the beautiful glow of the moon, and at the same time cars pulled in at the lake and their head lights were on us so it was as if we had our very own spot light. As we danced he sang our song to me, our song is very sweet and special to the both of us.




After we danced I saw in his pretty green eyes the faint shimmer of tears too.




We were both beyond happy, that feeling defies all words.








It's been two weeks today since that night, and I still wake up every morning checking my hand to make sure it's not some beautiful dream. I'm over joyed to say it's not, it's reality.. I'm gonna marry the sweetest most incredible person I've ever been blessed to know. I'm gonna marry my best friend in the temple and be able to have him with me for eternity. Every day no matter what hard ships I have to deal with, no matter the bad things that happen during my day I know that my Heavenly Father gave me this person and has given me the chance to make the right choices, so if He can trust me with such an amazing thing then John and I can make it through the dark days and the hard times IF we rely on the Lord and continue doing what's right. :)








I've never in my life been this happy, and I'm very grateful for this blessing! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment