Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Answers lead to changes



In my last blog I talked about how I felt a change coming in my life, well last saturday I had so much on my mind that Manti had asked me to unload my thoughts on him. Which of course I did because I not only needed somebody to talk to but I know that Manti will keep my secrets, give good advice and also help strengthen me where I need it(which he did) so as we talked I mentioned a dream I had had and I told him how much it troubled me because I didn't understand it.
Do you have one of those dreams where you know it's major and you know it's important but your not sure how or why? Well yeah, that dream I mentioned was and is one.
So he told me to broaden my focus and then when I figured out my question to take it to the Lord then read my scriptures.. Now I tend to doubt a lot because of my own person exeriences so I flat out asked him "will he ACTUALLY answer me this time? Will I ACTUALLY find the scriptures to help me?" he smiled and said yes.
I'm his younger sister and even though I know he's never wrong about the gosple stuff and never wrong when it comes to my life and choices, I still had to test him and prove him wrong.


I waited till everyone had gone in their own direction for the night and I locked myself in the bathroom (which is kinda where I go when I need to be alone and think) I sat behind the door like I always do and I said a prayer, I talk to Heavenly Father differently than most people. I like to him like he's right there with me and I use words that I would with my best friend.. I'm very honest and up front when I pray. So I said ok I'm testing Manti yet again, I know he believes in this and he knows I'll find my answers so I'm trusting in him. Now here's my question...
I waited there for a while till I felt confident that I wasn't getting an answer yet, then I went back about my day.
Later that night I was cleaning my room a little when I saw my scriptures and thought to myself "D&C was my favorite book in seminary, I read it twice that year.. Hmm" so I pulled open my scriptures, I had my bible open and my book of mormon. I read for a couple hours and rather enjoyed it but still didn't really have an answer. So I turned out my light and went to bed.


Sunday mom woke me up and I rushed to get ready for church, my first thought when I woke up instead of the normanl "I HATE mornings, I don't wanna be awake" My first thought was "Elder T returnes to Tonga today! haha weird dream, where's my skirt? Is that alive?" heh I had a bunch of random junk pop into my head.
So I go to church and I got my hynms ready for our lesson which was about families and temple marriage.
Now I really haven't liked being out of young womens because I feel so out of place and unwanted in my class, if my mom isn't there I sit by myself with noone on the same row or anywhere around me. So when I heard that was the lesson I was like of course it is, everyone has a wonderful husband that they married in the temple and had a bunch of children with and are so happy that their a forever family.. yeah i get it... BUT that isn't at all what they said, that's not at all what I heard and it wasn't by any means what I took home.
I was sitting there with mom and I looked down at my book and without reading anything I knew my answer, I knew just as I knew that was my mother sitting beside me!
I got home and was in a frantic hurry to read my scriptures and offer up another prayer, which I did and what I read reasured that my answer WAS my answer. So I headed outside to go think because it both scared the life out of me but it always was a lot to take in.. So I went to my little hill over looking the field and the pond and trees I sat there and cried so hard because I didn't want that answer, I didn't want it at all! I kept asking if I could change or it act like it didn't happen but then a yellow butterfly flew infront of me and I watched it land on this old dead ugly tree, I stared long and hard at the lifeless looking creature and then I felt a sudden rush of tingly comfort. Like my best friend was hugging me and telling "You need not fear, prepare for that which you know is true and you need not fear. Everything will be ok." Then the butterfly somehow regained it's life and flew away.

I fell to knees and said thank you for the understanding and comfort, that I wouldn't fear and that I would trust that everything is going to be ok. My spirits were lifted and I had an almost happiness about me.



Later after everyone went to bed mom and I were up and I asked a pretty off the wall question and she made me explain why I asked (hate when parents do that) so I told her and tried to act like I wasn't about to cry, then to my surprise she had quoted to me the things I had learned as my answer. I was so glad that she said those things because that made me feel better that she knew, and also that made it absolutely clear that it was the right and true thing.

Mom and I may not always get along perfectly without hitch, but I love when we have a moment where I can tell her "this is what I need to do or when we bond. In my mind we bonded a little that night because now I know I've got my mothers help and support in this, so I know I can prepare myself for the pretty huge change coming. And I know that she'll be there no matter how hard headed I am or how difficult this preperation is going to be.
I've got my mom, two sisters from church who are basicaly family to me, and I've got the Lord on this. So, I can do it I've got the best possible support system in the history of EVER.

So my jurney begins, no telling how far I'll travel before getting there (I have a feeling it won't be too terribly far) but will memorible and very lasting..



No comments:

Post a Comment