Sunday, June 26, 2011

Study madness

I've been studying for my G.E.D. test, witch every home schooled student needs in order to get into collage in this state. I've been working my very hardest to get it and to prepare myself both mentally and emotionally, I didn't realize a year ago when I began studying for this that it would completely stress me out and drain ever ounce of energy out of my already exhausted body and emotional state! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've sat up at night crying because of the stress and worry with my G.E.D.
Until the beginning of this month I was very confidant in myself, I've taken practises so many times I've almost got them memorized.. I was getting a 95% every time I took a test, so I didn't really have a lot of doubt. So I went to sign up for the free G.E.D. classes that teach how to take the test and they break each portion of the test down so that your more comfortable and can get the best score possible, I contacted the collage where the class was going to be held and I got things set up so they sent me a placement test. I went to take the test on line but my brothers were pestering me and I couldn't focus as well as I should've and I failed the test very terribly. The school called me and told me "We're sorry but you aren't smart enough to attend any school in Georgia, You can't take test because your home schooling didn't teach you how to test. So there's no hope." and after crying for a long time I got a little mad, what an idiotic women, so what I didn't do well on the dumb placement test, I'm not stupid, I'm pretty smart and I love to learn. So my best friend called and he asked me how things were going with school and I told him about the phone call, now my friend is very intelligent and is going to collage to become a doctor he's almost finished and also tutors people like me. He sat there and told me how I wasn't going to let that lady tell me I wasn't good enough and I was going to study harder and show her how this girl doesn't back down when she wants something as badly as I want collage.

I've knuckled down and I've been studying almost non-stop since then, I've got so many numbers going through my head it's unreal. But I'm trying and I'm GOING to get this!! There's just no other way for me to make my dreams a reality and I refuse to give up on my dreams of collage. I'm going to study cosmetology and massage therapy. :) so lots of playing, and fun experiences. I love cutting hair and doing nails (you should see my fingers sometime)

1 comment:

  1. Take advantage of every resource. Don't assume that you've covered every base, because there is ALWAYS one more leaf you can turn over. Be humble enough to learn and look at everything you touch as a learning opportunity. THEN you will go far :)

    ReplyDelete