Monday, April 5, 2010

Other Side


It's rare that I really like a poem where I attempt to rhyme. But this one I think came out well and helped me get some of my emotions.. So heres my "Other Side"

Other Side

By Mesa Bailey

April 5, 2010

Oh the words you said,

How they cut me to the core.

Should’ve stuck the path lead,

Because I swear we’ve been here before.

Took the wrong turn,

Could’ve lead my thoughts astray

Sadly the lessons we learn,

When all I want is you to stay!


Forget the lies long since past,

The way they cut like a knife.

Pray this feeling won’t last,

Heartache feels sometimes like taking a life.

All I want is you to understand,

That for you I’ll always wait.

Reaching out for you to simply touch my hand,

And hoping my love isn’t to late!

I put my trust in you,

Now don’t leave me here alone.

Because I’m no longer sure what to do

Somewhere deep inside I should’ve known!

From sea or from the land,

Don’t walk away.

Please stop and take my hand,

And listen to what my heart wants to say!

Oh the words you just said,

How they cut me to the core.

Didn’t listen to my head,

Now I know we’ve been here before..

No comments:

Post a Comment