Monday, April 19, 2010

Captive


Ok in all honesty this one is more for me than anybody else. And I like it so yeah...

Captive

By Mesa Bailey

April 19, 2010

A little broken glass and tears

That won’t ever fall.

I want to tell you the truth,

But truth is I’m nothing to you.

No amount of lies can fix me this time.

Bitterness flows like water,

Out of the mouth with a forked tongue

Your words echo as the great thunder,

Rolling across the spaces of my mind

Changing beauty into darkness,

With the cruelty of a single word!

Oh how the heart urns for the peace,

Just the sense of freedom and happiness to bring

So far out of reach it seems.

Give me a chance to prove,

I’m not what you see.

This hollow shell isn’t me!

Take the time to open your eyes,

Silence your anger and quite your hate,

These are the things that a fragile heart can’t take!

Shards of glass and bitter tears,

Hidden captive to your emptiness

You won’t open your heart to the truth

So I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Weighed down beneath the lies,

Somewhere deep inside there’s a light

Fighting it’s way to the surface.

Don’t push me away like the clouds above,

Casting a shadow on the earth below

The truth I want you to know.

Sadly truth is I’m nothing at all

But a faint whisper in your sleep,

A secret held inside the stars aglow.

Holding onto the little broken glass and tears,

Things you won’t see,

That are captive in me

…..

2 comments:

  1. Well written, filled with your incredible fire and passion. But I do believe that a scripture found in 3Nephi 12:4 (you should remember it from last week) and also Matthew 5:4 could help a lot with what your feeling. 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HER mama appreciates your thoughtfulness "big daddy" :)

    Very,... very much!

    ReplyDelete